Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Two new Characters.

It was wet out and the sun was about to set. I could barely see the rays of sun through the tall trees. The moment I was waiting for, a prefect time to run. As I slipped on my shoes I hear the phone ring. I think I'll the let machine get this one.

Water ran down my face as I ran toward the sunset. My pulse was beating harder with every second. I hadn't reached the five mile mark before I collapsed. I laid there thinking, I have ran this distance before time and time again, without a single drop of sweat. This should have been a piece of cake for me and more so since I have sent a majority of my life running the the rain. That's when the migraine hit. I recently started having them. My doctor said it was due to my lack of appetite. Over the last few month it has slowly decrease and I can't seem to find anything worth filling my stomach. Heading back to the house something caught my eye off in the distance. The smell hit me hard. Blood, something in me triggered hunger right away. This urge was new, it scared me. I kept running.

Walking in I hit play on the answering machine as I undressed heading for the bathroom. I had seven messages. The first four were telemarketers, two were from my aunt checking up on me, and the last one was from an uncle I have never heard of. Jefferson, that was his name. He waned to meet me tonight at the local bar in town. I was planing on heading that way tonight anyway, why not, right? 

I pulled in to the parking lot and saw a black Maserati, that must be his. This small town is full of trucks and jeeps, anyone driving a nice car is usually just passing through. As I walk through the door theres an urgent sense of uncertainty. I quickly skim the room and recognize all the faces sitting at the bar. There he was in the darkest corner of the bar. I didn't see his face right away as he hid it well with a Hisenburg hat. I greeted everyone as I normally would then excused myself immediately. "Hello Carter", he said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment